CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 7, 2011

here we go again

i don't think anyone reads this, i really don't blame you. i go many, many months without blogging . but i've been running for 2 weeks now. i started on august 25. so why have i waited this long to blog about it? because i try to start running often. but after 2 weeks, i think this is legit :) i started with 3 miles. super slow, but 3 miles. i planned to do 3 miles every day for 2 weeks. then work up to 5 by the end of august. then a training schedule to do a half at the end of october. but this is the last day of 2 weeks. i ran 8 miles this morning. that is more than half of a half! what?!? yeah, so i think i can definitely do a half at the end of october. no going back now.

i find that once i start running, i find ways to fit it into my life. yeah i work, yeah i have to cook, yeah i need to be with my daughter. well, thats okay. now i cook and take my little trainer with me. she LOVES to go for a run. it is not as easy as when she was 1 year old and weighed not even 20 pounds. now i am pushing over 40 pounds but she grabs my water bottles and pesters me to "lets go." so out we go, into the dusk. now that i am over 5 miles, i can run every other day and on my off day, me and the girl can run up to the park thats a mile away. cuz running can be fun too :)

so anyways, ran 8 miles today. it was a beautiful morning for it. i left at 6 and the sun never came out. it was not hot, which is a nice change. so even though i told my hubby i'd do about 5 miles, i kept going. i love the trails that are by my house.....but they are 1.5 miles away. totally worth it though. they are nice paved paths through parks and behind houses with trees on both sides. good for running with the stroller. i was so energized when i got back i was able to do so much stuff around the house. now when everyone finally wakes up we can just hang out all day.

i think i wrote enough :)

0 comments: